- IEEE Leon K. Kirchmayer Graduate Teaching Award, 2017.
- IS&T Raymond C. Bowman Award, 2016.
- IEEE Circuits and Systems Society John Choma Education Award, 2016.
- IEEE Computer Society Taylor L. Booth Education Award, 2016.
- USC Associates Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2016.
- Orange County Engineering Council (OCEC) Outstanding Engineering Educator Award, 2015.
- Northrop Grumman Excellence in Teaching Award (awarded by USC Viterbi School of Engineering), 2014
- Best Paper Award, ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Crowdsourced and Volunteered Geographic Information (CEOCROWD), Dallas, Texas, USA, November 4, 2014.
Sanjay Purushotham, Junaith Shahabdeen, Lama Nachman and C.-C. Jay Kuo, “Collaborative group-activity recommendation in location-based social networks,”
- USC Mellon Faculty Mentoring Graduate Students Award (awarded by USC Mellon Mentoring Forum), 2014
- Dean’s Professor in Electrical Engineering-Systems (awarded by USC), 2014
- Editor Emeritus Award (awarded by Elsevier Publisher), 2011
- Pan Wen-Yuan Outstanding Research Award (awarded by the Pan Wen-Yuan Foundation), 2011
- Fulbright-Nokia Distinguished Chair in Information and Communications Technologies (awarded by the Fulbright program and the Nokia Foundation), 2010-2011
- PhD Thesis Advisor of the Best Dissertation Award – Best Experimental Work, the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, 2010. Jonghye Woo, “Variational Techniques for Cardiac Image Analysis: Algorithms and Applications”
- Electronic Imaging Scientist of the Year Award, January 2010 (awarded by IS&T and SPIE), 2010
- Okawa Foundation Research Award, 2007
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing (IIH-MSP), 2006. Yongjin Cho, Do-Kyoung Kwon, C.-C. Jay Kuo, Renxiang Huang, Claudio Lima, Jim D. Black and James J. Pan, “Video streaming over 3G networks with GOP-based priority scheduling,” Pasadena, California, USA, December 18-20, 2006.
- Best Student Paper Award, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), 2006. Man-On Pun, Michele Morelli and C.-C. Jay Kuo, “Iterative equalization and decoding for unsynchronized OFDMA uplink transmissions,” IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC 2006-F), Montreal, Canada, September 25-28, 2006
- USC Mellon Award for Excellence in Mentoring, 2006
- IEEE Signal Processing Society Distinguished Lecturer, 2006
- Best Paper Award in Multimedia Communications – IEEE Communication Society, 2004. Wuttipong Kumwilaisak, Thomas Hou, Qian Zhang, Wenwu Zhu, C.-C. Jay Kuo and Ya-Qin Zhang, “A cross-layer quality of service mapping architecture for video delivery in wireless networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 21, No. 10, pp. 1685-1698, December 2003.
- USC, Viterbi School of Engineering, Northrop Junior Faculty Research Award, 1994
- NSF Presidential Faculty Fellow (PFF) Award, 1993
- NSF Young Investigator (NYI) Award, 1992
- NSF Research Initiation Award, 1990
- Honorary Chair Professor, National Chiao-Tung University, March 5, 2012.
- Honorary Chair Professor, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, January 25, 2011.
- Fellow of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Membership No. 04869269, 1999)
- Fellow of SPIE (The International Society for Optical Engineering, 1996)
- Fellow of AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science, 2011)
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
- SIAM (Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics)
- APSIPA (Asian Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association)