The Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association (APSIPA) is a non-profit organization with the following objectives as its mission:
1) Providing education, research and development exchange platforms for both academia and industry
2) Organizing common-interest activities for researchers and practitioners
3) Facilitating collaboration with region-specific focuses and promoting leadership for worldwide events
4) Disseminating research results and educational material via publications, presentations, and electronic media
5) Offering personal and professional career opportunities with development information and networking
The idea of APSIPA was born in Hawaii in 2007. It was formally incorporated as “Asia Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Limited” in Hong Kong on July 23, 2009. Dr. Sadaoki Furui was elected as the first President and all other BoG members were elected at the BoG meeting held on the first day of APSIPA ASC 2009, October 4, 2009. Professor C.-C. Jay Kuo succeeded Dr. Furui to become the 2nd President of APSIPA in 2013 December.
The APSIPA Board of Governs (BoG) has set up a goal to reach 400 APSIPA Friend Labs and 5000 e-membership before the end of 2014. The membership drive consists 4 phases with 3 months per phase. By the end of Phase I (1/31/2014), APSIPA had 112 Friend Labs and 2002 e-members. The target goal (100 Friend Labs and 2000 e-members) was reached. This success was attributed to the joint and tireless of APSIPA leaders. All MCL members have worked together to promote APSIPA and recruit APSIPA new e-members.