We are so happy to welcome a new Ph.D. student, Harry Yang, in Fall 2017. Let us hear what he said about his research and MCL.

1. Could you briefly introduce yourself and your research interests?
My name is Chao “Harry” Yang, and I am a 2nd year Ph.D. student at the MCL lab in the department of computer science at USC. Prior to joining MCL, I was a PhD student at the computer graphics lab of USC. I received my Bachelor’s degree of mathematics in University of Science and Technology of China. I am interested in computer vision and deep learning, and previously I worked on research projects related to image inpainting and domain adaptation.

2. What’s your first impression of USC and MCL?
USC has a beautiful campus and a vibrant research environment. I love to walk in the campus seeing a lot of students and professors full of passion and energy. The MCL lab is a wonderful place with a caring and supportive advisor and a large group of young talented students. I feel more motivated and enthusiastic about my everyday research after joining MCL and I super enjoy the interaction with the professor and group members.

3. What is your future expectation and plan in MCL?
I want to make friends in MCL, do good research and write high-quality papers. I am really excited to be able to learn from everyone in the group. With so much help and support, I am looking forward to a great career ahead of me after finishing my study in MCL.